Aishwarya Rai as a Kid in a Frock
Checkout the cute Aishwarya Rai baby pictures below and you will notice that the ‘most beautiful woman in the world’ was an adorable baby and attractive teenager during her younger days. She was born blue-eyed like her grandfather. But, over the years her eye colour began to change to the grey-green color that she is now famous for.
Aishwarya’s striking good looks attracted a lot of attention whilst in school and she had an admiration society by the time she reached high school with the neighbourhood boys, who were vigorous in competing for her attention and time.
Aishwarya Rai As a Cute Baby
Aishwarya feels that when people expect too much from her, something always ends up wrong up her. She recalls an incident from childhood – ” I was always a top scoring student in school and during my ICSE, I was expected to do brilliantly, but I wasn’t even among the top three. I stood eighth in class. That was one time I broke down and was shattered. But it taught me a lesson in life. In fact, just before the Miss India contest, the newspapers made me the hot favorite and intuitively I told my friends then, that I wasn’t going to win. Even at the Miss World contest in South Africa, though I was just one contestant among 87, just before the pageant, I was touted as the hot favorite and I thought to myself, “Jesus, this is all I need.”
Baby Aishwarya Rai Holding On To The Table
Aishwarya is a trained bharatnatyam dancer apart from being a fabulous actress. She has been training in the classical dance ever since she was 4 years old. She studied architecture, which she however gave up when she got the opportunity to enter the modeling industry.
Baby Aishwarya clapping her hands
Lesser known facts about Aishwarya Rai from her younger days –
- She secured 90% marks in HSC at Ruparel college in Mumbai.
- Her Pepsi ad with Aamir Khan was shot in one night during the infamous Bombay riots.
- She has won the esteemed V. Shantaram award twice forJodhaa Akbar and Devdas.
- She studied at Arya Vidya Mandir and DG Ruparel College, both in Bombay, India.
- The first movie star she ever met was Rekha. Aishwarya Rai was still in high school at the time and was a model. While at a grocery store with her mother, Aishwarya was tapped on the shoulder by Rekha who recognized her from some modeling ads.
- She acted in her first commercial for Camlin pencils when she was in the 9th grade.
Baby Aishwarya cutting her birthday cake
Aishwarya with brother Aditya
A young Aishwarya Rai practices dance
Aishwarya Rai being awarded a medal at school
Aishwarya Rai at her birthday party
Aishwarya Rai performing bharatanatyam dance
A young Aishwarya Rai